Flat Foundation Brush is a classic brush that believes to be around for ages before other types of foundation brushes were existed. This is the brush that you need when you want a full coverage result with so little time for application. Meaning, this brush is very easy and quick to use. Just swipe, swipe, swipe and that’s it. But really, it’s very simple to use this brush. The flat Foundation brush is best for liquid or creamy foundation. However, many people complaint that Flat Foundation Brush sometimes leaves the streaky effect on the face. So it’s advisable that after the application of this brush, we smooth out the foundation with a blender or sponge.
Now it’s time to look some of the best foundation brushes available in the makeup world
10 Best Brush To Apply Foundation
|#1||Foundation – Makeup – Brush – Flat Top Kabuki For Face|
|#2||EcoTools – Flat Top Foundation Brush|
|#3||vela.yue PRO Large Press And Full Coverage Brush|
|#4||DUcare Kabuki Foundation – Makeup – Brush|
|#5||Foundation – Brush Flat Top Kabuki For Face|
|#6||Premium Full Coverage Large Foundation – Makeup – Brush|
|#7||Flat Top Kabuki Foundation – Brush ByKeshima|
|#8||bareMinerals Perfecting Face Brush|
|#9||CLOTHOBEAUTY Premium Synthetic Kabuki Brush Kit|
|#10||It Cosmetics – Heavenly Luxe Buffing Airbrush|
01. Lamora – Foundation Makeup Brush
- This is one of the best foundational makeup brush you will ever buy. It is so soft, dense, and silky and applies the foundation so well. This Flat Top Kabuki Foundation Brush will exceed your expectations. Your foundation will look flawless and airbrushed.
- This premium quality foundation brush is great for everyday makeup and this is not just another “Amazon” makeup brush. With this real makeup artist brush, your imperfections will disappear and you will be left with an airbrushed finish.
- The Lamora flat kabuki brush is a professional foundation brush that everyone can afford. It comes with high-quality synthetic bristles and a black wooden handle.
- With Lamora Beauty, you will achieve not just a smooth and flawless foundation but also experience an outstanding customer service that guides you through the ordering/shipping process and provides you with awesome beauty tips.
02. EcoTools – Flat Top Foundation Brush
- Get the perfect coverage you seek with the EcoTools Classic Foundation Brush. This flat, soft-tipped brush not only applies makeup smoothly and evenly but is environmentally-minded as well, thanks to its quality bamboo handle and recycled construction
- For use with liquid or cream foundations, our Classic Foundation Brush is the tool you need for flawless foundation application. Easy to use and easy to clean, it’s ideal for perfect blending and smooth, sleek application of liquid or cream foundation
- Giving a new purpose to old things, our products are made from recycled aluminum and plastic; packaging made of 100% Tree-Free paper, with 20% cotton and 80% bamboo fibers; the handles on our products are made of bamboo, one of the fastest-growing plants
- EcoTools introducing a fresh new look, brushes that feel even better in your hands and packaging with detailed tutorials that will make it easier than ever for you to create a beautiful look from hair to toe
- At EcoTools, we want you to embrace your own individual meaning of beauty & share it with the world, whether it’s makeup tutorials, an inspirational story, or giving back to the community, when you feel truly beautiful, you’ll make the world feel beautiful.
03. Vela.Yue PRO Large Press And Full Coverage Brush
- Made of matt plastic handle, extra-strong ferrule, and top-quality synthetic fiber hairs. No shedding no smell, handle fixed firmly, well made.
- Designed with super large, short and dense, rounded brush head, with Artisan Perfect Handcraft.
- Multipurpose for Face Makeup, Allows You to Tap On Products for Flawless, Full-coverage Finish. Provide Precision Placement to Help Conceal, Accent, and Detail.
- Cruelty free and vegan brush, it is the trend fiber Hair is with our unique technology, better performance than other hair.
04. DUcare Kabuki Foundation – Makeup – Brush
- Product Update: DUcare Best Kabuki Foundation Brush: It is so soft, dense, and silky and applies foundation so well. This Flat Top Kabuki Makeup Brush will exceed your expectations. Your foundation will look flawless and airbrushed.
- Liquid Foundation Brush: This Flat Kabuki Foundation Brush is made of density synthetic hair, very soft-bristled yet firm enough, easily cover minor blemishes, spots and even acne with most types of foundations
- Material: Super density synthetic fiber (cruelty-free) + Eco-friendly wooden handle + brown aluminum ferrules, sample design but stylish and elegant, makes applying makeup a luxurious experience
- Hand-Made: By skilled craftsmen, following our strict 80 step process. Our materials are all Eco-friendly providing a unique, luxurious feeling
05. Lamora – Flat Top Kabuki For Face
- The best medium to full coverage makes up application. Soft, Compact, Silky. It does not soak up excessive amounts. Applies different products on areas such as the forehead, cheeks, nose, chin, without trapping or absorption. Imperfections will disappear leaving an airbrushed makeup physician formula finish. You will love it.
- High end black glossy wooden handle. Achieve the desired professional look like a real artist would do. Fantastic for everyday use with the long-lasting performance that will exceed your expectations.
- Recommended for even the most problematic skin types (redness, uneven skin tones, large pores, apneic, dermatitis). Easily cover minor blemishes, spots, and even acne.
- Smoothly buffs stipple with the right density to pick up and distribute evenly. It doesn’t splay when you push down hard on it. Vegan-friendly and easy to clean.
06. Beauty Junkees – Premium Full Coverage Large Foundation Makeup Brush
- This Flat Top Kabuki Makeup Brush isn’t any ordinary brush. This is a must-have makeup staple for every cosmetic bag. The dense synthetic bristles make your routine quicker, with better coverage that lasts longer.
- A high-quality foundation brush makes your foundation look more even, consistent, and blended, and lets you build coverage in problem areas. Our high-quality synthetic bristles are soft, yet just the right density to pick up and distribute liquid foundation evenly. Synthetic bristles use less product to achieve the desired look.
- Most commonly used with liquid foundation to set the canvas, this flat top makeup brush also works great blending with powder, cream, and minerals to build coverage, setting your look, and concealing even the most problematic skin type (redness, uneven skin tones, large pores, acne, dermatitis).
07. Flat Top Kabuki Foundation Brush By KESHIMA
- Super dense makeup brush with a flat head, perfect for buffing and blending.
- Even, streak-free and patch free application achieve a flawless look every single time. Far superior to using a beauty sponge or blender.
- Made with premium quality synthetic fibers – as soft as real hair, don’t absorb foundation into the brush itself, and are easily cleaned.
- All Keshima brushes undergo a 7-step process during manufacture to prevent shedding.
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Money Back! Comparable to (considered by many as better than) high-end brand foundation brushes costing twice as much or more.
08. BareMinerals Perfecting Face Brush
- A face brush designed for bareSkin Foundation.
- Boasts a unique fluid reservoir design.
- Provides no-mess foundation application directly from bottle to brush.
- The transformation begins when you buff our patented Perfecting Face Brush onto the skin. Engineered with a unique fluid reservoir.
- This brush allows for no-mess foundation application, directly from bottle to brush.
- Uniquely designed for bareSkin Foundation, this must-have tool lets you adjust your coverage-to the drop-for a perfectly seamless application.
09. CLOTHOBEAUTY Premium Synthetic Kabuki Brush Kit
- Made of extra soft, cruelty-free synthetic bristles, black sleek handle. Perfect for Powder, Blusher, Bronzer and Shimmer application.
- This brush delivers powder smoothly and evenly. The Dense Bristles and Extra Large size make powder application so quickly. Achieve the desired look in only a few seconds.
- Incredibly soft, high quality and Anti-bacterial Synthetic bristles, Really Dense and Silky feeling.
- The Total Face Brush features full, slightly tapered bristles to contour the face and reach the hard-to-reach area such as around the nose, lips, and eyes. Help to build gorgeous coverage as needed. Create a Flawless & Airbrush finish.
- Size: 7.8 in.(Length), Bristles approx. 2.1 in. x 1.5 in.(L x W)
10. It Cosmetics – Heavenly Luxe Buffing Airbrush
- Heavenly Luxe Flat Top Buffing Foundation Brush
- Flat Top Buffing Foundation Brush so women would be able to have a flawless, airbrush finish with each and every time.
- The Heavenly Luxe Flat Top Buffing Foundation Brush is the most ultra-luxe, ultra-plush tool for perfect airbrush application.
- Anyone who wants to instantly buff away conceals imperfections, blur away pores from view and achieve a more radiant-looking, flawless and air-brushed complexion.
- This flat top, super-luxe buffing brush is 100% cruelty-free and is designed to let you quickly apply your foundation to a soft, airbrushed finish.
- Heavenly Luxe Flat Top Buffing Foundation Brush contains over 88,000 high-quality hairs.
- Features 100% synthetic bristles. Vegan – Heavenly Luxe Flat Top Buffing Foundation Brush
Foundation Makeup Brush Buyer’s Guide
An artist is only as master as their tools, and the same thing applies for makeup. Flawless coverage not only comes from the appropriate product for your skin but also the instrument used to apply it. Whether your goal is to master an airbrushed or all-natural finish, browse through these highly rated foundation brushes to find what works for you. Foundation makeup is one of the common forms of makeup. Ladies use this form of makeup everywhere in the world. The brushes that is used in laying the foundation to your face are very important. The complete makeup depends on how good the primary brushing on your face. So an appropriate brush for foundation makeup is the most important element of foundation makeup. You need to know as much as you can about the foundation brush. Be knowledgeable and grab the right foundation brush for yourself.
How To Use:
There are some methods of using a foundation brush on your face. There are two ways preparing, firstly prepare your face and then apply foundation on your face with the help of a perfect brush.
Prepare Your Face:
Before you begin the foundation application process, prepare your skin so that the foundation has a smooth and healthy effect on your face.
- Wash the face water and gently dry it with the help of a dry towel.
- Even if you have oily skin, rub a lightweight moisturizer on to the skin and give it the time to become dry.
- Apply a foundation primer to your skin. Use the small foundation brush for it. Apply an even coat to the entire face and let dry completely.
- If you need to add concealer to any problem areas or under the eyes, do so now. A small foundation brush, concealer brush or even an eyeshadow brush make the ideal brushes for applying concealer.
Applying The Foundation:
After preparing your face properly, it’s time to apply the foundation to your face. If you are a beginner, use the following simple steps to get the perfect foundation makeup for yourself.
- Take a small amount of foundation onto the back of your hand.
- Pick up some foundation with the brush. If you prefer light coverage, dip only one side of the brush in the makeup. If you want fuller coverage, use both sides of the brush to pick up the makeup.
- Start applying the makeup in the center of the face so that you can blend outwards and avoid noticeable makeup lines.
- Use broad, downward strokes to sweep and blend the makeup onto the nose, forehead, cheeks, and chin.
- Use the tapered edges of the brush to blend the makeup into those hard-to-reach areas, like the corners of the nose, hairline and around the eyes and mouth.
- Check for tiny makeup lines that are left behind after the foundation has set. If you see any of these lines, use a clean end of the foundation brush and lightly blend these areas with small, circular motions
How To Apply Perfect Liquid Foundation:
Types Of Foundation Brushes:
There are various types of foundation brushes available in the market. You have to choose according to your skin type and the type of makeup you want to put on. For example, for low coverage you will need an angled foundation brush, for medium coverage stippling brush is appropriate and you will need makeup sponge for high coverage foundation. Let’s talk about the different foundation brushes available,
Kabuki – Brush:
You can identify a kabuki brush by its short, chunky handle and dense bristles. You might have previously used one to apply loose setting powder, blush or bronzer, but if you want a mineral or powder foundation formula over liquid, it also allows for easy – and flaw-free – application. Choose a brush with natural rather than synthetic bristles, which allow for a more even distribution of pigment, and will last longer, too. This type of foundation brush is best used for the powder foundation.
Angled Foundation Brush:
Perennially popular, the slightly slanted tip of this particular brush type allows for a more precise base application. ‘The slimline angled brush head allows you to navigate the features of the face, blending easily as you go,’ explains MAC Senior Artist, Debbie Finnegan. ‘Start your application in the center of the face and blend outwards as most people need more coverage in the t-zone area and less towards the hairline. Can be used best for the liquid foundation with medium to full coverage
After the foundation sponge became a cult product thanks to blogger recommendations and word of mouth, more and more beauty brands have decided to jump on the bandwagon and bring out their own version of the softly angled foundation sponge. However, we’re inclined to believe that the original is still the best. Unlike traditional sponges, the smooth, egg-like shape foundation sponge is suitable for your face. Use best for liquid and stick foundation.
Do you know what a stippling brush is? It’s all in the bristles: this particular type of brush will have fine, feathery fibers, usually in a lighter color, towards the top, with thicker, typically darker fibers at the base, and is often blunt-ended. The lighter bristles help to distribute liquid foundation evenly for an airbrushed finish – simply dot product lightly onto the face and blend outwards, swirling in circular motions for a finish that’s free of tide marks. Once you’ve invested, you can also use a stippling brush to apply cream blush and blend out contours.
A close relation to the stippling brush, a buffing brush has denser, closely packed bristles – because of this, it is perhaps slightly easier to use for beginners. According to MAC’s Debbie Finnegan, it ‘can be used dry to apply powder products and also buffs out liquid and cream textures easily, creating a lightweight, airbrushed feel.’ When applying foundation, she adds, ‘only the white tips of the brush should be making contact with the skin as you use circular motions – if you find the lower black bristles are also touching the skin then you are using too much pressure on the brush! Think light-handed so your skin will look fresh and not over-loaded.’
Flat Top Brush:
Another type of brush that immaculate to achieve a heavier coverage with your foundation. Flat Top Brush is packed with flat dense synthetic bristles which ideal for liquid, mineral, or cream foundation. The finish of this brush is similar to the buffing brush, it gives flawless look with an exception that Flat Top Brush provides more coverage. Dab the foundation onto your face and swirl the brush in the circular motion all over your face and neck to get the look that you want. Here’s the problem occur, since the bristle is so dense and flat, it needs more control in the application and it takes a lot of muscles to work it around the face. Moreover, this brush tends to be difficult to reach a certain area around my face due to its flatness.